Silicone rubber products uses methyl vinyl silicone rubber as base gum, adds various fillers (reinforcing agent, heat resistant agent, modifier, etc.), and is made by production technology including mixing, thin through, filtration, sulphurating, die pressing, extrusion, bond, etc. Silicone rubber products have following features:
1. High and low temperature resistance: it can be used under 200℃ for long term, and still have elasticity under -60℃;
2. Electrical insulation property: silicone rubber has good dielectric property, greatly surpasses general organic rubber especially and its under high temperature, and dielectric strength is hardly affected by temperature from 20℃ to 200℃.
3. It has outstanding weather resistance, ozone resistance and ultraviolet resistance, and will not crack outdoor for long time. Generally speaking, silicone rubber can be used for more than 20 years outdoor.
4. Good hot compression and permanent deformation.
5. It has advantages such as good processability, easy assembly, etc. Various products can be made by methods, such as vulcanization molding, molding, calendaring molding by squeezing hot air.
Since silicone rubber products have excellent overall performance and good technical-economic effect, it has been widely used in every field of aviation, astronavigation, atomic energy, electrical appliance, electronic, instrument, automobile, machinery, metallurgy, chemical, health care and daily life.
1. Silicone rubber is mainly divided into room temperature vulcanized silicone rubber and high-temperature vulcanized silicone rubber. Therefore, room temperature vulcanized silicone rubber can be divided into three kinds according to different composition, vulcanization mechanism and applying process, namely one-part room temperature vulcanized silicone rubber, two-component condensation RTV silicone rubber and two-component molding RTV silicone rubber.
These three kinds of room temperature vulcanized silicone rubber have their own features: one-part room temperature vulcanized silicone rubber is easy to use, but deep curing speed is difficult; advantages of two-component RTV silicone rubber are not releasing heat when curing, small shrinking rate, not swelling, without internal stress, curing conducted interior and on surface simultaneously, and can deep vulcanization; molding RTV silicone rubber's vulcanizing time mainly depends on temperature.
2. Silicone rubber can be divided into two kinds according to vulcanization character, namely heat-vulcanized silicone rubber and room temperature vulcanized silicone rubber.
3. According to different property and usage, it can be divided into general type, ultra-low temperature resistant type, ultra-high temperature resistant type, high strength-based type, oil resistant type, medical type, etc.
4. According to different monosome, it can be divided into methyl vinyl silicone rubber, methyl silicone rubber with phenyl and vinyl group, fluorosilicone rubber, nitrile silicone rubber, etc.